Photo Collage

 This week our assignment was to create our own kind of safe space in Photoshop (with our own pictures) and play with the hues and color balances as well. This is what I did: 


I freaking love this. Like my previous entry, I'm in a bit of a Barbie mood, so I knew whatever I did, I wanted it to end up bright pink. I took a landscape photo from a few years ago at the Morikami Gardens in Boca Raton, and then added some elements that mean a lot to me. In the back, I added some mountains from a picture I took in Red Rock Park, when I took my first solo flight to visit my friend in Las Vegas. The tiny Rockefeller statue in the corner is from this past summer, when my family and I took a trip to visit my dad's side of the family in New York (the original picture is me and my dad taking a selfie with the statue in the back). I also added the planet in the corner, mostly because the colors were already pretty sick, and also because my sister and I have always been interested in astronomy and outer space, so I like to follow what the Hubble Telescope is producing every now and then. Since the assignment was a "safe space", I decided to go a more whimsical direction, especially because I knew what I wanted the color scheme to be, and added the giraffes in the corner. Since the image is more dream-like, I feel like there's nothing more similar to that than something completely bizarre barging in on an otherwise semi-normal scenario, so I added the giraffes from a picture I took when my friend took me to Busch Gardens for my birthday last year. 

Overall, this was a really fun image to put together and I'm glad we had the chance to really be silly and creative with this assignment. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barbie Movie

Avatar: Way of Water