Avatar: Way of Water

I was scrolling TikTok the other day, as one does, when I started seeing edits of the latest Avatar movie that came out last year. I had seen it in January, but I realized that I hadn't written a journal about it, so that's what I'm doing today. It's especially fitting because I'm guessing about 90% of that movie is digital effects. 

The whole movie is just a massive step up from the first one visually. Obviously the surface level plot is good guys fighting bad guys, but what I think caught most people's attention was the incredible worlds and creatures they were able to create. Every scene, both under and above water, looked so real that you would never think it was all green screen and digitally produced. My favorite moments are when the family first arrive at the ocean village, and start learning how to work and live with the water. This is a still that I think really shows off how well they were able to replicate underwater life. 


This honestly looks to me like an image you could ask Midjourney to make, but I don't think it would be as detailed or special as this image. I didn't used to be a fan of the Avatar franchise, but after watching the films at an older age, and knowing what I do about media and how films and images come together, I have a real appreciation for them now and can't wait for the next ones. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barbie Movie

Photo Collage