Guided Meditation

 Today I finally got around to trying the guided meditation sent out in at the end of March, and I don't think it went as it should have. I have tried these types of meditations before, as I used to be an athlete and our coaches wanted us to practice mindfulness of our bodies and how we see ourselves doing our sport, but even then these types of videos and audios never quite worked for me. My mind tends to be thinking of a million things at once, and even when trying to be completely clear-headed, I'll hear a noise within the audio or feel something brush past me that gets me thinking of a whole other thing, and just like that I'm back where I've started. I do sometimes like to use white noise to help me fall asleep, and I know that ASMR videos are very popular to help people calm themselves and meditate, but I think for myself I just have to find other resources if I want to use digital media in my life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barbie Movie

Photo Collage

Avatar: Way of Water